AS 4801 Certification New Zealand
AS 4801 Accreditation for your New Zealand Business
Kiwi Certification is a New Zealand certification body, dedicated to providing internationally recognised level certifications to small and medium sized companies.
Having an OHS Management System in place, is vital for a workplace to show appropriate precautions for accidents and avoidable illnesses. It is also a firm’s legal obligation to set up a system that minimises risk for illness and injury.
To attain this OHS Management System certification, the current activities of the organisation must be evaluated, risks uncovered, and strategic objectives put into action to minimise risk in the workplace. Implementing a monitoring framework is also crucial to make sure the benefits continue into the future.
Some of the key benefits of having an AS 4801:
- Safety of your personnel
- Reduction of risk and liabilities
- Enhancement of your reputation as a safe and reliable contractor or supplier
- Significant reduction of costs associated with injuries
Is there a difference between OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZS 4801 Accreditation?
Both accreditations are incredibly alike; they both have the same general outcome, and aim to achieve this outcome using similar techniques. Both internationally recognised standards relate to ensuring workplaces are injury and illness free, both following management system principles which encourage a plan-do-check-act approach which means analysing the situation, performing a set of actions, monitoring it, and adjusting if need be.
OHSAS 18001 and AS/NZS 4801 accreditations have many similarities and a couple of subtle differences:
- Both certifications ultimately focus on providing a healthier workplace where injuries and illness are lessened.
- Both follow management system principles of analysing, acting, measuring and adjusting.
- AS 4801 is more focused on workplace injury, whereas OHSAS 18001 has a broader scope, focusing on health overall.
- AS 4801 is more commonly found in Australia and New Zealand however OHSAS 18001 is more appropriate when dealing with internationally operating companies. Both can be attained.
As well as providing AS 4801 Certifications for OHS Management, we provide ISO 9001 Certifications for Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001 for Environmental Management Systems and OHSAS 18001 Certifications for OHS Management.
Contact Kiwi Certification today to learn more
If you have any queries regarding our certifications or to get a free quote for your business, please contact our friendly team on 09 887 0370 today!