OHSAS 18001 Certification New Zealand
Implementing an OHS Management System with an OHSAS 18001 Certification
Occupational Health & Safety is incredibly important for a workplace, and sometimes not paid the attention it deserves. Prepared prevention for potential issues can save a lot of distress and money. An OHS certification such as OHSAS 18001 helps your organisation stay on top of these issues, by assessing what could be done better, acting on it, and constructing a framework that measures what works and what doesn’t.
OHSAS 18001 Certifications set up an OHS Management System that benefits many areas:
- Safety of your personnel
- Reduction of risk and liabilities
- Enhancement of your reputation as a safe and reliable contractor or supplier
- Significant reduction of costs associated with injuries
How do the OHSAS 18001 and AS 4801 Certifications differ?
There isn’t a great deal of difference between the OHSAS18001 and AS4801 Certifications. They both ultimately exist to better the safety and health of workplaces. However there are some slight differences.
- AS4801 is found more frequently on a national scale, whilst OHSAS18001 is more on an international scale.
- OHSAS18001 is a broader standard, concerned with health overall, and AS4801 primarily is concerned with taking precautions against workplace injury.
As well as providing OHSAS18001 Certifications for OHS Management, we provide ISO 9001 Certifications for Quality Management Systems, ISO 14001 for Environmental Management Systems and AS4801 Certifications for OHS Management.
Contact Kiwi Certification today to learn more
If you have any queries regarding our certifications or to get a free quote for your business, please contact our friendly team on 09 887 0370 today!